Friday, October 16, 2009 6:17 PM
Felt so lousy now... Just knew my maths and history marks. I have just gotten the greatest shock of MY LIFE! I almost flunked my history! For maths, still quite okay... well around average.
Asked clara why we got so low even if we study hard. I believed that god have the so-called eyes and I knew that as long as we tried, we can do it. However, she replied that there is no god. Is it true? I have no idea.
I remembered walking home from clara's house yesterday. I pondered over how I will feel if I got back my tests today. Then I realised that as long as we put in effort in doing things, we would succeed. However, that did not apply to my history exam. Why, I would ask myself. Is it my own fault or god's fault? Then I realised that I cannot blame on other people for my own mistakes. We have the ability to control our own lives and not relying on luck. Yes, I may have gotten bad grades for my history. But I have asked myself, " Did you put in effort to do it?" Yes, wholeheartedly. So what? At least you tried, right?
Learnt from past successes and failures is one of the factors from learning history. Well, this is the so-call failure in my studies and I should learn from it. Just like my P6 prelims. I have gotten 249 for it. I was so disappointed! But I asked my mum, DO I STILL HAVE THE CHANCE? She said yes. And now here I am in SCGS. I remembered going past SCGS when we are going Orchard Road. I was impressed by it and I told my dad : That is going to be my dream school. I AM GOING TO AIM FOR THIS SCHOOL.
This is mainly my own reflection on my recent EOYs. Quite confusing but it is truly from the bottom of my heart.