Monday, February 15, 2010 5:42 PM
Sorry for not posting on lunar new year eve.
Happy new year!!! I wish all of you a merry and wonderful tiger year!
RAWR. ^^
I HAVE THIS WEIRD DREAM ABOUT MY UPCOMING CAMBODIA TRIP.
Before that, lets have a short history on cambodia.
Pol Pot became leader of Cambodia in mid-1975.
During his time in power, Pol Pot imposed a version of agrarian collectivization, forcing city dwellers to relocate to the countryside to work in collective farms and forced labor projects, toward a goal of "restarting civilization" in a "
Year Zero". The combined effects of slave labor, malnutrition, poor medical care, and executions resulted in the deaths of an estimated 1.7 to 2.5 million people, approximately 21% of the Cambodian population.
Okay... Here's my dream.
I dreamt that Pol Pot and his men were trying to kill us- by cutting our heads off. The 'us' refers to my classmates. I was so frightened then and tried to convince them that I am 'one of them'. They sort of believe me and in the night I tried to run away and then they realised it and wanted to shoot me. Then I woke up.
It was so scary. I am kinda traumatized by the dream now.
I am leaving for phnom penh this coming sunday till next wednesday. Hope that everything will be fine.